2013年5月30日星期四

Act 1-What I know about Macbeth so far?

Back to China, when I was in primary school, I had already heard the name of Shakespeare. He has a great reputation of his works, such as Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer Night’s dream, Hamlet, etc., around the world. Some of his works used as the textbook for students at school. And, that’s it. I do not have too much information to Shakespeare because I do not have a chance to learn any works from him. After several years, I came to Canada and began to learn Shakespeare’s works, such as Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth.

Before I read Macbeth, I have already known that Macbeth is the most powerful tragedies based on my common sense. I really want to know the content of Macbeth because I wonder how this play called the most powerful tragedies. According to the experience of reading Romeo and Juliet, I know there must be a profound theme of this play through the conflicts among the characters. I cannot wait to know what cause characters to scramble for.

However, I know it is somewhat difficult for me to read the archaic words in Macbeth. Most of Shakespeare’s words are not modern words and they are very brief. Maybe one line in his play could expand to a paragraph. I need to focus on trying to understand what the real meaning of the line is. This realize makes me feel excited that it is a brand new challenge for me. Though I do not know much about Macbeth, I think I could do my best to find the theme and the conflict among characters to help me understand Macbeth.

Image from: http://missiversen.blogspot.ca/p/grade-10-english-macbeth.html

没有评论:

发表评论